Friday, July 6, 2012

Well hello there!

Wow, it's been quite a long time since I've written in what was supposed to be a daily blog...whoops! It's already the middle of summer and my senior year...of COLLEGE...starts in less than two months! It's crazy that I have one year of my undergrad left and then one year for my Masters. I'm completely stunned that I'm finally at this point in my life. Like, I'm almost an adult. Let me process that for once second. 

(Cue screaming in head because me being an adult just cannot be possible right now)

I'm only 21, almost 22. Where did the time go?! I still remember middle school and high school like it was yesterday! How can it possibly be time to start my career and start thinking about where I'm going to live and possibly marriage on the horizon? I feel like my life went by so fast and I didn't see it happening. Not that I took it for granted, but I don't think I fully appreciated all the things that have happened to me. Maybe I'm feeling sentimental or nostalgic but I've been thinking a lot about my life and the events that have taken place and the people that God has placed in my life. I've realized something about all this and I've known it all along but this is the first time that it's really hit me like a ton of bricks: I am extremely blessed. I am 100% blown away by how much God has blessed me through the people He's placed in my life and just the things that have happened. Under normal circumstances I wouldn't think that I'd have this family that I have, or the amazing friends that I do, or be at the University of Florida. So many of these things can easily be taken for granted or be seen as unimportant in the grand scheme of things. But lately, I've come to find that the main reason I have any of these is because God had some reason for me to be in the Fuller family. He saw it important that I'm friends with the girls in Phi Lamb and the guys in Kappa Phi and BYX, and He saw that I needed a best friend like Danielle and Laura in my life. All these things are things that I wouldn't normally think about so much but lately, it's been consuming my thoughts. But why? It's not as if I'm not thanking God for these things. It's not as if I'm taking these things lightly so why am I thinking about it so much? I suppose this is something that I'll have to think about more. Even though I'll probably never know the full reason why God does these things, I want to figure out some of it. 

Well that's the somewhat of an update on my life since January. There is actually a lot more but it's super late and I'm super tired. Until next time! Toodle-oo lovelies! 

No comments:

Post a Comment