Thursday, January 12, 2012

Things I'm realizing...

I'm realizing a whole bunch of things lately. First off, I have 5 semesters left of college. WHAAAA??? Crazy, I know. It seems like just yesterday I was graduating from high school. Ok not really but still. I can't believe that the years have flown by so fast. That means grown up life is going to start soon. I'm not sure I'm ok with that yet...or ready for it for that matter.

Anyways. I'm also realizing that God has a much better plan for me than I have for myself. I have always known this but I was sitting in my room writing in my journal that I'm giving to my future hubby and I realized that I will meet my future hubby if and when God wants me to. His timing is so much better than mine. It makes me so happy that my relationship with future boy will be so much better, so much more beautiful and we'll be so much more in love if I just wait. Wait for His reassurance that it's the right time. Wait for His plan to fall into place. It's such a simple concept but I feel like we all struggle with it so much. Just wait. Those two little words have such an impact on me. The first time I really though about it was over the summer and it just hit me like a ton of bricks. The simplicity of it almost makes it too foreign of an idea because it sounds almost too easy. But it's not. It's hard to wait for something you've been dreaming about your whole life. It's hard to put your trust and faith in someone you can't see. It's hard to trust that you will hopefully be married someday. You can't help but be anxious and impatient because even though its a simple concept, it still requires trust, faith, patience, and time. See that's the beauty of it, that when you do get to that point of just waiting and being patient; that's when it happens. That's when God sends amazing things your way. That's when His plan for you just easily and amazingly falls into place. This can happen in a moment or it can take days, months, years before it happens. But when it does, you'll be absolutely floored by how great it was to wait. It's chaos to go through all of this without knowing the ending outcome, but it's a beautiful chaos. And it's one I love going though.

I hope this has somehow enlightened you as it did for me. Toodle-oo lovelies!

No comments:

Post a Comment