Monday, January 3, 2011

School starts this week...

My second semester of my junior year starts this week, I can't believe I've been in college for this long. I have mixed feelings about this semester; for one thing, I graduate in April with my AA...Whoo-hoo!! I also am one semester closer to finally being at UF and being in the elementary education program! Which means I'm that much closer to being done with college, FOR GOOD, and starting my career as a kindergarten teacher. While this feeling brings on a lot of excitement, it also scares me because in just 3 short years, I'll be a working adult with a full-time job...crazy!!! I have to start making "adult" decisions about life now; the biggest decision is all about financial stuff (though I wish I didn't have to think about that one). Other decisions include where to live, where I should go for a job...etc. The list is endless and there are so many possibilities, so how do I know what to do? I feel like at this point in my life, I can't do anything but have faith in God. All these decisions that I have to make, I can't take them lightly. My biggest struggle in my life deals with control; it is incredibly hard for me to give up all my control and give it all to God. I'm getting better at it, but it is a day by day process, heck a minute to minute process that I probably will never master, but at least I'm trying. So as I go through this semester and all the decisions that comes, my desire and my prayer is that God will show me the answers to at least some of the million questions I have. So here's to a new year, a new semester, new experiences, new everything; I can't wait to see what 2011 brings. :)

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

No comments:

Post a Comment