Sunday, January 30, 2011

We're going on a bear hunt...

Ok so I hope you have all heard of this book, "We're going on a bear hunt, we're going to catch a big one. It's a beautiful day, we're not scared..." Yes? If not, then I ask you kindly to get out of the rock you're living under :) It's a wonderful book and today me and my bestie, Lo, got to act it out! So the book has parts and the parts are the flowy grass, the cold river, the squishy mud, the dark forest, the snowstorm, and the cave. The family goes on a bear hunt and goes through all of this and ends up finding the bear in the cave. Sorry if I ruined the ending for anyone but seriously? You had to have seen it coming ;) So Lo had to act it out for one of her classes and it turns out that I have some flowy grass in my backyard AND a forest complete with a river and mud. Perfect! Unfortunately the snow and the cave were absent but we're not complaining. So after a delicious lunch, we head on our adventure. Let me just tell you that we were not wearing very adventurous looking clothing. We were definitely lookin as cute as can be but we toughed it out and went into the forest to look for our bear. Side note about mine and Lo's friendship: We are flat out 100% ridiculous, I love it! So obviously our adventure was going to be just as ridiculous as our friendship. Thankfully, it did not disappoint! While walking through the forest to the river, we commented on how we were so glad that we weren't walking out there when it was dark because it was already pretty dang sketchy, even during the day. So we finally found the river and I filmed Lo acting out the book. I felt kinda bad for Lo cause she was the one that had to get in the river and it was cold! But we got the video done, mission accomplished! Unfortunately we never saw the bear, which isn't really unfortunate at all, for us at least. It'd be real unfortunate for the bear if he ran into us crazy people! This is all to say that I had one of the most fun, eventful Sunday afternoons I could possibly have. When I get the chance, I'll post the video of us trying to find the river, it's hilarious :) Well, I'm off to go read a book, or watch a movie, or quite honestly go to bed, haha. Toodle-oo!

What did you lovelies do on your Sunday afternoon?

My favorite verse :) Psalm 27 1: The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

No comments:

Post a Comment