Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Wait, Wait, and some more Waiting

I feel like my life is one big waiting game at this point in time. I have all these possible decisions to make and I can't make any of these decisions until I figure out what the outcome of different things are. It's actually quite frustrating. I'll give you an example. I applied for a summer camp job a couple of months ago for Centri-fuge (which is a totally awesome camp!) My interview was this past November and I just now got an email from them, which isn't that long but it's long enough. The email said I was on a waiting list and that until a position opens up for me, I'll be on the waiting list until May 15th. May 15th?!?! That's like already practically summertime! If I got this job, I would have to fly out to the training place on May 27th. So, right now there are a lot of different scenerios running through my head. I could find out in like 2 weeks and have like a solid couple of months to get everything together. Or I could find out a month before leaving and be a little rushed, but I'd be ok with it. OR I could find out a week and a half before leaving and be the most chaotic person alive. I mean, I hope I find out relatively soon so that I don't become that chaotic person who goes crazy when she's rushed. You know who I'm talking about. I'm sorta banking on the belief that God is making me wait to teach me an enormous amount of patience so that when I'm surrounded by high schoolers all summer, I won't go crazy. Oh well, I guess I'll figure it all out. I just gotta keep believing that God's plan is so much better and bigger than my own plans and that whatever He has planned is going to be absolutely amazing!

Isaiah 40:31:
But those who wait on the Lord
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint.

No comments:

Post a Comment