Wednesday, March 2, 2011

My break up letter

Don't worry, this isn't a break up letter to you or my blog. This is a break up letter to stress and worry, the two pesky emotions that never seem to leave me alone. Lately I've been overwhelmed with all these decisions about school and work and summer plans and it's definitely taken its toll on me. I realized something today though, I am letting stress and worry rule my life. It's taking over my thoughts and even my actions. I'm a lot more crabbier and I get frustrated a lot more easily. It's really a downer when you think about it. I'm usually a very outgoing and bubbly person and now because of these two pesky emotions, I'm not. It disappoints me and, thankfully, that motivates me to get rid of those feelings! One of my fish daughters told me today that I need to break up with stress and worry. So while it seems really silly to type all this, I'm going to do it anyway :)

Stress, you've been in my life way too long and I'm done. You do nothing but make me all nervous and emotional and you cause me to have meltdowns. You make me have freak outs about all these decisions and you don't give me any peace. When people ask me how I am, my answer has been too frequently "stressed". So since I'm breaking up with you, my answer will finally (hopefully) be "Great!"

Worry, I don't even know what to say to you except good-bye!

I know that I'm still going to have my days when I'm stressed or worried or both but I also know that God has the control to take these emotions away. So I'm trusting in that fact and I'm putting all my faith in God that He'll help me through all my trials and that He'll help me to make the right decisions about school, work, and life. So stress and worry, I'm officially breaking up with you! Boy it feels good to say that (even though I feel completely ridiculous typing it!) Well I'm off to catch up on The Bachelor! Toodle-oo lovelies! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment